Friday, October 28, 2011

Chevron Stripe Scarf for Japan


Apparently I wanted to crochet a scarf for Japan instead of knit it. 


I usually knit and crochet in very small gauges, but this time I chose a bulky yarn and I'm thrilled at how quickly the scarf was to crochet! An easy, fast, and thoroughly satisfying project.


Chevron stripes seem to be all the rage right now. Remember the Missoni for Target frenzy?!


This chevron stripe scarf is a free pattern from Lion Brand yarn. I've used Lion Brand Alpine Wool, which is 100% wool, for the light blue, and a vintage (like, really vintage) wool-blend yarn that was in my mother's stash for the cream.


We'll send them off when {G} is done with hers.

With the weather turning cold here, I'm thinking about scarves for myself. Here are a couple patterns that I think are really, really lovely...

 Knit by Dawn Sparks. This is her Etsy shop. Apparently the pattern is in 101 Designer One Skein Wonders.


Crocheted by Coco Rose.

Mr. O'Leary's Scarf. Free Pattern from Lion Brand Yarn.

If you're interested in sending a scarf to Japan, please go here for more information, or click the link below or on my side bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I treasure your thoughts about my posts and read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...