Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

 
Of all the cookies that I make for friends and family, THIS cookie recipe is the one I get the most requests for. The combination of a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie topped with a decadent Reese's Peanut Butter Cup is just about the perfect combination.


I can only make these if I plan on giving most of them away, because if they are left in my house I've been known to polish off a whole batch by myself! I know, very naughty!

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup natural peanut butter (NO substitutions - only peanuts & salt, my friends)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt


Preheat oven to 375º F.

In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix butter and peanut butter. Add sugars, and beat until mixture lightens in color. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until cookie dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.

Using a medium-large ice cream scoop (or using a 1/4 measuring cup, roll cookies into large balls) drop 8 cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are slightly brown.

Remove cookie sheet from the oven to the top of your oven range (or other heat-proof surface). Immediately press a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup onto the top of each cookie, coming quickly back a second time to press the candy level with the top of the cookie.

Allow the chocolate to melt, then smooth the top of the peanut butter cup with an offset spatula, or back of a spoon.

Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. If you plan on stacking the cookies, cool in the refrigerator (to harden the chocolate).

Makes 24 large cookies. You might want to make an extra batch, because they'll disappear quickly!

 Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I treasure your thoughts about my posts and read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...