Friday, October 26, 2012

Colonial Day with {K}


I volunteered down at the school for Colonial Day today. I cut off a pair of thrift store pants to make breeches for {K} and made a simple mob cap out of muslin and a long skirt and apron for myself. I was able to help teach the children how to tie quilts. The kids were so smart and quickly learned how. They finished 6 baby quilts that will be donated to the Humanitarian Center.



{K} was such a pill about the tri-corner hat I wanted him to wear! Apparently the rest of the school was having "Crazy Hair Day" and he thought the hat would get in the way. He would only wear it for a picture - and then only begrudgingly. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I treasure your thoughts about my posts and read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...