Thursday, September 13, 2012

Learn To Crochet This Chevron Stripe Scarf




As part of the Intro to Crochet class at Harmony, I'll be teaching beginning crochet students how to crochet this darling chevron scarf! We'll cover all the basics in a 6 hour (3 session) class. Learn how to chain, single crochet, double crochet, increase, decrease, change colors, read patterns, and weave in ends.

*Bonus*
I'll also be teaching the students how to adjust the pattern to make an optional buttonhole and crocheted flower to accent their scarf! Wool yarn for the flower will be provided. 


The class is appropriate for motivated 8 year olds and older. It will be a small class so that I can give lots of one-on-one attention to each of the students. It will be so much fun!

If you already know how to crochet and just want to make the scarf, I've adjusted this pattern, making the scarf shorter and wider by beginning the scarf with 167 chain stitches and making 7 rows. I've used worsted weight yarn and a size K/10.5 6.50 mm crochet hook. 

Don't forget that Harmony is opening their doors this Friday and Saturday September 14th & 15th, from 10 am to 8 pm MST. Live music, fun giveaways, gorgeous fabrics, knits, gifts, and sundries, and the lovely Laura Harmon and her daughters will all be there. It is such a darling shop! Go sign up for my class!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I treasure your thoughts about my posts and read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...