Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tote Bags

No matter how many you already have, you can always use another tote bag! I'm always looking for an extra bag to haul around my stuff. They also make great gifts! Tote bags are a super easy sewing project and there are a ton of blogland tutorials you can follow (here, here, or here) and then adapt to make your own.

These two bags were made for the 5 year old daughters of two dear friends...


But I wanted a cute new bag too! Recently a neighbor was holding a garage sale and I found the most amazing fabric on sale for $2 a yard! With a 1/2 yard of the oilcloth (that was all she had) and one yard of the polka dots I made a new "Cath Kidston" look-a-like bad for $3! Three dollars, I tell 'ya!

Yep, that is a special book on the table in the background!
This was the first time I've sewn with oilcloth and the oilcloth is a little tricky (check out this tutorial) but the results are great and I'm so happy with it! My daughter is jealous, so it looks like I'll be making another one - here's hoping that I can find another screaming fabric deal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I treasure your thoughts about my posts and read each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...